Sunday, May 22, 2011

SINCE I'VE BEEN AN AUSSIE

by Marie Rea


I thought I'd pen a poem
about my home
Now that I'm older
and certainly none the wiser.
I'll tell you what,
I've been cheerful as a brat
since I've settled down under.

Who's to thank
as if you should ask?
No one else
just this dude Dave-
He's my mate,
at work often late.
He's never tan,
but forever wan
Yet full of love
for this one!

Brekky dates with my honey,
Bushwalks regularly,
movies and dinners with the family.
Proudly and excitedly,
let me add with glee
our constant cruises almost yearly!

To a life that's perfect,
there seems to be no secret
Saying no to gossip or conflict
state of mind will be distinct.
Best to respect
each neighbour's introspect.


Though spending time at home or at sea
Kith and kin are always priority!
Family moments together
we'll forever treasure.
Deserving charities, moreover
we often help with pleasure!

Founded a charity,
a care movement of yours truly,
the poor and needy
we like to help passionately!
Supporters we appreciate constantly.
Such bliss, oh so rosey!

That's my life-
since I've been an Aussie!

by MRea

No comments:

Post a Comment